The Cooling Tower is meant to be used together with the Refinery. The Refinery outputs gas liquids and the Cooling Tower cools them down intro regular usable liquids.
The Cooling Tower is a 3x5x3 hollow structure with 3 valves.
The base of the structure is an Cooling Tower valve surrounded with Cooling Tower walls.
Next add a layer of Cooling Tower walls, keeping the center hollow.
Add a valve on one side of the next layer. The side the valve is on doesn't matter; it can be on any side you want it to be.
Finish that layer with more walls, hollow centre.
Add another hollow layer of Cooling Tower walls.
Add another layer of a Cooling Tower valve surrounded by Cooling Tower walls.
The Cooling Tower has 3 valves but unlike the Refinery each one has a specific function and there function is not interchangeable.
- Top valve: Output valve, you can pull the cooled down liquid from here (yes it defies gravity, will probably change later but not now cause it will break all existing setups).
- Middle valve: coolant input (water but other liquids can be registered to be used as well).
- Bottom valve: hot liquid input.
The Cooling Tower accepts multiple upgrades but only 4 can be installed at a time (the previous tier op upgrade does not have to be installed for an upgrade to work. Speed II will work without Speed I installed for example. Upgrades of the same type stack but not 2 the same upgrades can be installed).
To install an upgrade, shift-click on the cooling with the upgrade in your hand to remove an upgrade shift-LEFT-click on the Cooling Tower.
You can see what upgrades are installed in a Cooling Tower by shift-right clicking on any Cooling Tower block (or by looking at it with WAILA installed):
- Speed I, II & III: Make the cooling work faster but it will generate more heat as a result.
- Efficiency I, II & III: The Cooling Tower cools more efficiently (less coolant required) but works slower as a result.
There are also some upgrades that cannot be applied to the Cooling Tower itself but are installed on the valves:
- Auto-Eject upgrade: The valve this upgrade is installed on will automatically try to output the contents of the output tank to any connected pipe/fluid container.
- Auto-Import: The valve this upgrade is installed on will automatically try to fill the input tank with the fluid in a connected fluid tank.